Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is Beauty?

I see pictures, ads, and movie stars, promoting what "beauty" is.
I see teens hurting themselves to become what "beauty" is.
I watch the news, I read the paper;
They seem to know what "beauty" is.
Some feel self-doubt, and some self-conscious;
when they don't meet what "beauty" is.
All the rave and diets,
pills and starving,
just to be what "beauty" is.
Yet, when I look in the mirror, I see what beauty is.
I don't have all the latest trends.
I don't wear a size zero.
I don't eat so sparingly.
I'm not in any way specials to the world.
Who i am special to is me.
I am proud of who I've become.
I see my flaws, and I see my goodness.
I don't focus on the bad.
I look to the good in others.
I try to live life to the fullest.
I am grateful for what I've got.
I want to succeed and do my best.
And when you find these qualities,
And live them day by day,
Your reflection in the mirror will shine.
For you will be what beauty is.