Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dad asked...

My Dad asked me to clean out the garage.
I really didn't want to so being the 21st century teenage girl that I am, I sent a "Mass text" out to all my siblings.
"Dad asked me to clean out the garage. Do any of you have stuff you want?"

Yeah... That's how we do it at my house...

The first two replied I got were from Samuel, and Joshua saying "Ya" and "IDK".
Well... Things were not going as planned.
It wasn't until I got into a conversation with Jacob and Michael about it that things... got going.

Jacob:

I want the good stuff, you know anything worth some money.


Leah:

Anything worth money costs money. I'm selling Michael his drum set for $17 wanna bid?


Jacob:

Tell him I am willing to pay $17.01, and game on.


Leah:

Darn. Game over. Michael says he already has his drums. Looks like we better bid on something else. When I find something I will let you know.


Jacob:

Dang. I guess being the drummer for Hannah Montana is out. Back to plan B, being a PA. I look forward to your next great discovery. Anything living, I call first bid.


Leah:

I am a bit scared to find my next great discovery if it is living. But I will keep you posted. Michael got the organ free.


Jacob:

Wow, I didn't even know the organ was game. What is Michael doing, starting a band? If so, I soooo want in.


Leah:

Sounds like he was trying to keep it a secret. Show up in your rock-n-roll outfit at his house Saturday evening and you may have yourself a gig.


Jacob:

Deal. I am not picky on which instrument to play, because I can't play any of them.


Leah:

Hahah and being tone deaf it really wouldn't matter what one you played. Kidding.


Jacob:

No really I am tone deaf, and also rhythm retarded. That means I sing off key and off note, but the good part is I tend to get done with the song faster.


Leah:

Dang, I didn't even realize the upside. Too bad all Mormons aren't tone deaf. Church would only be an hour and a half. You're the man Jacob.


Then with Michael it went a little like this...


Michael:

The organ...


Leah:

I'll give you the bench for $20. And I will sell you your drum set for $17. Price goes up depending on how much you want it.


Michael:

hah. I already have my drum set. I want my bowling shoes and high tops if they are in there. I just want the organ so I can fix It for dad.


Leah:

What?! Your bowling shoes and high tops are in the garage?! I dunno if I wanna give those back. I will let you know. :) And deal. One organ for Michael.


And, Genevieve even sent me one text...

Genevieve:

Serious? Does anything in there even belong to us kids? Is he getting rid of things or just rearranging the junk?


Yeah... I love my family.