Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Try To Understand


There are days I feel like no one understands.

My new favorite movie is Radio. It is based on a true story about a Young Man who is "normal, just slower than most", he pushes an old shopping cart around every where, while listening to a hand held radio. Later on James (aka Radio) ends up as an assistant couch to a High School Football team. This movie really struck me. In one of the scenes the sports teacher chooses to get Radio into the high school. On Radio's first day there the head coach tries to teach Radio how to write his name. After writing it out on the board, he then hands the chalk to Radio saying "give it a try". The photo above is an example of how Radio wrote. I have to say I love Radio more than The Blind Side. (But, I do still love The Blind Side.)

Some days I feel like people look at me the same way they would look at Radios writing. Confused, and not able to make out what it is supposed to mean.
Those days are so hard for me, I wish I could figure out a better way to overcome and handle them. We all have our flaws though, right?

"Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."
-Unknown

Patience, a gift I wish we could all receive.